Working safely each day will keep the doctor away…
Office safety is very essential in today’s world. It involves making arrangements to avoid accidents. At the same time, it also involves being alert to certain risks and having knowledge about how to handle them should the occasion arise. For example, it’s important to make arrangements to avoid fire; but at the same time, people should be aware of the plan and measures taken to evacuate in case of a fire.
The best course of action is to plan ahead for all kinds of emergencies. Think fire, think electric shock – absolutely anything and everything that you can think about. Make a list of all these emergencies. Then make another list of things you need to have/get to ensure the safety of your employees. And finally install and educate your employees about these things. Here are a few tips to help get you started:
Keep your working area neat and clean. Piles of papers and stacks of files combined with a tangle of wires are a disaster waiting to happen.
- To avoid slipping and injury, have the floors moped clean and dry. Secondly, walkways and stairways should have a good lighting and handrails.
- Make sure that their computer and keyboard are kept at proper position to avoid eye and
Fire & Electrical
- Install fire alarms. Practice fire drills with your employees.
- Mark all the exits with noticeable signs so that everybody know where to go to in case of emergency.
- When installing machines, workstations, or any electric equipment or appliances, ensure that the wiring is grounded properly in order to prevent electric shocks.
- It is also a good idea to keep all the wires and cords off the floor to prevent tripping injuries.
- Water and electricity should never be very close to each other. Remember that the electric plugs at cubicles should be away from places where water or coffee spills are most likely to happen.
To learn more or if you have any questions feel free to contact us anytime! Our customer care representatives are available via telephone: (800) 277-0208, online chat: at the bottom of this page, or email: [email protected].